Governor Ron DeSantis announced MOST of Florida will enter Phase One of reopening Monday, May 4th. With the exception of Miami – Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties, some business can get back to work.
- Restaurants may offer outdoor seating with six foot space between tables and indoor seating at 25% capacity.
- Retail can operate at 25% of indoor capacity.
- Elective surgeries can be scheduled and medical offices can reopen while practicing social distancing guidelines.
So now what? Restaurants and retail should immediately plan for a new operational style. Reconfigure the store or restaurant for 25% capacity inducing staffing. Restaurants should establish a reservation system and continue to promote takeout services. Medical offices should also plan to contact current patients and communicate how to begin scheduling important appointments. Implement community based and low cost marketing tactics quickly:
- Social Media – Organic and paid reach is critical right now. Reach your local consumers before someone else does.
- Community – Join your neighborhood social media groups, ask your followers and friends to promote your business and get creative. I’m sure you have seen restaurant bingo floating around? Or take consumers shopping virtually through your store on Facebook Live. Show them what is in stock and tell them to message you if interested in purchasing!
- Ask For Help – Ask a college student to help you navigate Facebook and Instagram or design an updated menu. Many local designers and marketing companies (like us) are also offering deals to support their local businesses. Reach out, ask for what you need and be very clear with a budget. You’d be surprised how willing they will be to help! Because we all need each other to succeed.
While Phase One isn’t perfectly designed to make everything go back to “normal,” it is reality. So dig in, get creative and most importantly don’t give up. May the 4th be with you!